This is the question I have been asked time and time again.
I knew that if I had done them one at a time, the second surgery would have been put off, and who is to say that I would be working in the same place a year from now. Who is to say that my insurance benefits will be the same at a different job? and what about getting the time off in general?
I have plenty of help with my family. My mother is retired. I live in a ranch style home (everything is one the main level.) I qualified for FMLA and short term disability through my job. These are the reasons.
The surgery went wonderfully.Surprisingly, I wasn't scared at all. Reading all the other blogs prepared my for EVERYTHING. I already knew what to expect. I knew the questions that they were going to ask me before it left their mouths. For this.....I thank you all.
Let's be honest. It is REAL hard. I cannot walk. I cannot drive. I cannot cook. I cannot take a shower.
I need constant help with things. YOU NEED SUPPORT. I am totally incapacitated. The first 3 days I didn't leave the bedroom. I cannot say I have been in unbearable pain every thing is tolerable. My medication and Ice helped with the swelling and discomfort. At night, I am awaken by some pain and have to shift around. It feels as though the wraps get tighter around the two toes.
Once the wheelchair was delivered..... I have been totally mobile...in the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment