Hey guys!
Today was interesting.....Because my doctor changed my splints to smaller ones I am able to walk....but only using 10% of my weight on my heels...(not much!) It was hard because up to this point, I never stood up, plus I have hardware running through the length of my bones on the forth toe in both my feet. My PT is very nice but stern. I had no idea they were like drill sergeants. I was tired, but after 3 tries, I got the hang of it. She will be here Wednesday again.........
Since my doctor has changed the splints my feet has been more achy around the bottom of my feet of the 4th toe. He had to manipulate the around the area of the toes...peel off old surgical tape and clean my feet, and of course what he did on one foot he had to do on the other. As I write this post I am constantly changing the positioning of my feet. I think trying to walk on the crutches didn't help the situation.
During the post-op app, I opted not to see my feet. Why? I don't know...I just didn't want to be freaked out. It is a visual thing with me....maybe my feet would have hurt more if I actually saw what they looked like. Doctor said everything looked great and is healing well.
At this point I have not left the house for one thing. My RN, PT and Dr all come to my house. I thank God that my insurance allowed for all this to happen.
Since my doctor has changed the splints my feet has been more achy around the bottom of my feet of the 4th toe. He had to manipulate the around the area of the toes...peel off old surgical tape and clean my feet, and of course what he did on one foot he had to do on the other. As I write this post I am constantly changing the positioning of my feet. I think trying to walk on the crutches didn't help the situation.
During the post-op app, I opted not to see my feet. Why? I don't know...I just didn't want to be freaked out. It is a visual thing with me....maybe my feet would have hurt more if I actually saw what they looked like. Doctor said everything looked great and is healing well.
At this point I have not left the house for one thing. My RN, PT and Dr all come to my house. I thank God that my insurance allowed for all this to happen.
Hey!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you have started your blog, and to hear everything is going so well! You are so strong being able to do it all at once, and so glad you have such great support! It is definitely one of the most important things, I'm so grateful for my family and friends who helped me.
:) Can't wait to see the results and hear more about how you are doing!
N
P.S. Thanks for the shout out :D I am so glad i could help!
By the way, I have sent a request to the facebook group but no one has accepted me yet :(, I would love to share my experience on there too!
ReplyDeletehey N! it takes a little while before you are excepted into the group, so don't worry.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your experience, I had the surgery with the external fixator on my left foot... is been almost 7 wks and waiting another week for the doctor to remove my fixator.
ReplyDeleteI just want to tell you that you are very strong to have both surgery at the same time. I'm like you when you say you don't want to see your toes after the surgery, this whole process my husband is the one who changes my bandages I dont like blood or wounds.. even my 4 year old loves to look at my foot when my husband is changing the bandages.. he calls me "big baby" lol..
Anyways I read all your blogs, but how did you find your doctor, the one who did your procedure?